Thursday, March 25, 2010

Chloie (aka Goldie)






Wanted to drop a quick note to say thank you. My wife and three of my sons visited you on Saturday March 20th to adopt Goldie (ummm... renamed to Chloie). She is doing great. Our other dog Sadie (two year old black lab mix ... also a shelter dog ... Star of the north shelter in MN ) took to her too. We were very careful on introductions and sharing affection with both dogs to avoid jealousy. Where Sadie is more my dog for playing and walking, Chloie is clearly my boys dog. The boys have taken to her 100%. Even my oldest son who can be a challenge (as every teenage boy is) takes great pride in her. She is a real gift.The big surprise is just how well the two dogs do together. On the first day Sadie started bringing toys over to Chloie and dropping them next to her. Now, we are seeing Chloie take to Sadie too. Just today, they started laying next to each other. Pretty neat.

Sadie was laying on the kitchen floor while I made lunch for Kevin and I looked over and Chloe went and laid down tucked in near Sadie's tummy and back legs, They both then put their heads down and just laid there!!!
CUTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!