Wednesday, August 10, 2016



STORMY/GISLA
I am a volunteer at the Humane Society of Burnett County and also had the pleasure of fostering wee little Gisla (who is now Stormy Grace). I contacted Stormy’s new owner, Debra, via phone and found out that Stormy is doing amazing. She has already been to the vet and ready for her second round of shots soon. Debra says that she is the most lovable kitten ever. Debra’s mother recently moved in with her and brought her Pocket Yorkie named Lulu. Well, Lulu and Stormy are the best of friends now. They run and play and chase throughout the house. Debra says they have to watch where they walk because both are very small. Stormy loves to cuddle and give kisses. She sleeps next to owner under the blankets every night. She was named Stormy because of the weather in Siren (probably the past tornado) and that she is the color of a storm. Debra says that Stormy doesn’t remember anything negative from her past; only the positive things that have happened to her since being rescued. She’s the happiest kitten in the world. I told Debra that I am so happy to hear what a great home Stormy has. Debra said she will be bringing Stormy in to the vet in Webster in the near future to be fixed and that she would call me if I would like to reunite with her. I can’t wait and hope that I am available the day she schedules Stormy’s appointment! What a happy ending for a poor little girl that was left on someone’s driveway. A little too young to eat solid food, yet old enough to lap up formula from a tiny bowl. A win/win situation for me as a foster parent. This update has really made my day!

Pam Cunningham, HSBC Volunteer