Saturday, November 27, 2010

Olaf













Dear Friends at the Burnett County Humane Society,

Just wanted to give you an update on how Olaf is doing. He has been with me about a month now and is adjusting to living in Hinckley very well. Olaf has met several of the neighbors and everyone adores him. He is getting along with the neighborhood dogs as well and seems to make new friends easily. There is a bunny rabbit that lives in my back yard and Olaf is constantly attempting to sniff him out and track him down but the bunny always seems to get the best of him. Olaf has been on several car rides to the post office (he enjoys this) and has had several baths (he doesn't enjoy this).
I am surprised by his appetite. Sometimes I think he would eat all day long but don't worry, I am monitoring his food intake as I realize it is important for his health not to be overweight. Of course he does get a few table scrapes every now and then. He loves cheese - not surprising as I think he is a true Wisconsin dog at heart. We are looking forward to Christmas but neither one of us are enjoying the snow and cold.
Olaf is a very loving, loyal dog and I feel very lucky to have him for a pet. I have enclosed some pictures that I thought you all would appreciate.
Thank you all for everything that you did for Olaf and for everything you continue to do with your work at the shelter.
Wishing all of you a wonder Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays!

Kelly Johnson