Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dexter - aka Buster!

Things are going well!  We're not quite used that much energy in one package, but we're adjusting.  Overall, he's doing quite well.  No accidents in the house, learning to 'work for the reward' and getting along with the Boxer.  We have a bit of work to do about yanking on the leash and not 'counter-surfing'.  And we've have a little issue with appropriate toys (Erik's shoes are not appropriate.....).  I'm still not letting him have full access to our bird, not quite enough solid to trust him. 
 
It's a bit exhausting-I tire out playing & running before they do!  But, we're coming along & I think it will just continually get better.
 
We actually did change his name to Dexter.  Close enough to Buster that he responds the same.  He also was positive for Anaplasma (no symptoms though) and were running through a course of antibiotics to get it all cleared up. 
 
I'll send more pictures when he stands still enough to take them.  The one I attached is him at work with me for the day. 
 
Take care,
Kathy