Monday, December 3, 2012

Dexter!

It's been quite a while, but I wanted to keep you updated on my Dexter (your Buster) that I adopted in the spring.
Dexter has become quite the permanent fixture in our home and hearts.  He and Roxy the boxer have become the best of friends and.  We feel he has completely settled into the household and we are continuing to advance on his obedience training.  Walks down to the barn off leash and in a respectful heel position are common in the evenings.  He has a flying squirrel toy that we play catch with every day.  It's really quite scary how fast he learned how to "watch" the thrower, the sit/stay & wait for the throw/retrieve and how soft his mouth still is carrying it.  Dexter begs to be vacuumed (I am totally serious) with the hand attachment and loves the blow dryer in the morning.  He actually gets a little pesty about it now....  

It's been an adjustment to have young, energetic dogs in the house again, but I think we've stepped up and they've settled down for a very nice meet in the middle.   I know these two will never replace our other dogs, nor did we have that expectation, but they both are in their forever homes with us.  Dexter, with all his energy and persistence, is well-loved and I again want to thank you for taking him in, approving our application and adopting him to us.  I've attached some pictures for you guys to enjoy.

Happy Holidays!
Kathy & Erik